Uneven weeknumber without week rhythm

Deals with clustering based on locations but also on time regularity.
DKula

Uneven weeknumber without week rhythm

Post by DKula »

Hi all,

I have the following scenario:
Cycle length 5 weeks and I know that I have to plan exactly 2 orders in this time period.

To solve this scenario I know the solutions like to shift first week so that the 2 orders are possible in week 2/4 or 3/5. Another way is to prevent xCluster to plan the orders on week true which means the orders are possible on weeke 1/4 or 2/5. I don't know yet but I am sure there are some other possibilities but each of this solution is based on week rhythm.

Is it possible to say xCluster don't use the week rhythm plan by another view on the scenario that you know that you only have to plan 2. which means check if week 1/3 is the best solution or 2/4 or 3/5 or 1/4, ... In my example I hove only the restriction that the orders could not be in the same week but I like to have the same day for both orders.

I hope I explained it clear. If not please let me know.
Best regards
Dennis
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Uneven weeknumber without week rhythm

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Dennis,

I forwarded this topic to our experts. We assume the number of visits per week is 1.
A first feedback is "there are various options available":
  • you can reduce the available weeks by using the parameters firstWeek / lastWeek of the orders AssignmentRules in combination with a weekRhythm=2.
  • If you set the weekRhythm to a value of 3 there will be exactly 2 visits of this order and they will be placed "in week 1 and 4" or "week 2 and 5". This parameter setting will not place such orders into week 3, so if your global setting is based on such 3week-orders only, there might be an empty week ...
Hopefully the experts will extend this info soon,

best regards Bernd