How to find crossings?

deals with geocoding and reverse geocoding
MISTERX

How to find crossings?

Post by MISTERX »

When looking up addresses there are a lot of parameters to influence result list. E.g. it is possible to get all house numbers for a street or even the reference point of the street.

I'm facing the problem that one of my customers likes to find a crossing and NOT a specific house number (or building).

Is it possible to get the geographical coordinates of a crossing or the crossings on a specified street?

Hopefully this is feasible!

Who is able to assist?
Mr. X
  • Integration PTV <> SAP
  • Senior Consultant

Optimism is only a lack of data!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: How to find crossings?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Mr. X,

you can easily use the available SEARCH_OPTION-Class to influence the geocoders behaviour in the usecases you described:
If the housenumber of the input address isn't found  in the data we return a set of housenumber ranges
If the housenumber of the input address isn't found in the data we return a set of housenumber ranges
... otherwise we return the reference coordinate of the street as a whole
... otherwise we return the reference coordinate of the street as a whole
About the second topic you mentioned: crossings. This is also possible:
Here I used the SEARCH_OPTION &quot;INTERSECTIONS_ENABLE&quot; which activates the useage of several potential separators specified in the native profile.
Here I used the SEARCH_OPTION "INTERSECTIONS_ENABLE" which activates the useage of several potential separators specified in the native profile.
The native profile provides the following configuration parameter for the separators (among others). A separator is a charatcer or string that separates the involved streets from each other:

Code: Select all

<Intersections.Separators Value="/¤\¤ at ¤ @ ¤ ecke ¤" Type="string"/>
So much for the moment!

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
MISTERX

Post by MISTERX »

Dear Bernd,

thanks for your quick reply.

With respect to crossings I'd like to clarify: it is only possible to ask for a specific crossing, which I've to ask for by a somehow modified "street name"!?

When I'm right, are the Intersections.Separators from your post the whole bunch? I see "Ecke" and this is German! What about all the other languages? As far as I've seen in the xLocate API, it is not possible to define the separator by request?

Anyhow, it seems to be the best to work with the "/" as separator.
Mr. X
  • Integration PTV <> SAP
  • Senior Consultant

Optimism is only a lack of data!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Mr. X,

how about what you'd like to clarify:
What input pattern would like to search for? (besides streetnames..)

As you've already seen: the separators are defined in the native profile file. Not sure whether you can add whatever you like (schickschnack didn't work). But yes: you can't provide the separators on request. If you want to deal with different separators, e.g. "ecke" in Germany and "across" in UK/US you have to add those separators and worst case you might specify several independent native profiles.

Best regards
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: