New Procedure for Map-Update

This forum deals with administrative topics such as monitoring and system setup. It is dedicated to system administrators who do not have to deal with the functions themselves but who have to establish and maintain proper environments.
Public since 15.2.2017

New Procedure for Map-Update

Postby MISTERX » Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 am

I suppose that all PTV customers and partners got a mail from PTV-Contract-Management in April (like me) with the announcement that maps will be available as self-service, further on.

In addition to the mail I got a mail with (personalized?) links to maps and additional content. What I didn't release/remember was the fact that the link has an expiry date. Unfortunately one of the downloads was somehow corrupt and the installation failed - just a few days after the expiry date.

So my advice is:
1. Check downloaded files thoroughly
2. If possible, unpack (install) the map instantly and test it hard, not only by some smoke-tests (I encountered in the past a map which was somehow functionally not proper released by PTV and they have had to rework it)
3. Keep a backup of the files

In case of trouble, I know that PTV-Contract-Management renews the link on request (special THX to Michelle Canisius)
Mr. X
  • Integration PTV <> SAP
  • Senior Consultant

Optimism is only a lack of data!
MISTERX

Re: New Procedure for Map-Update

Postby Asterix » Thu May 11, 2017 9:09 am

Hello Mister X.,

the download email contains the links plus expiration date and MD5 checksum.
Our recommendation matches with yours (download asap, extract, test...).

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Manager Technical Consulting & Requirement Engineering
Senior Technical Consultant Developer Components
PTV GROUP - Germany

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgkUli9yGf0gwTDdxbMZ-Kg
Asterix
Site Admin

Return to PTV xServer Administration