missing parameters

This forum covers all questions dealing with visualization of data within the native PTV xMap interface. Please remember that additional plugins such as AJAX or Leaflet may be handeled in other forums.
Andreas Damian

missing parameters

Post by Andreas Damian »

Hello together,

with calling the xMap-service of PTV from our SAP system we would like to display also custom owned objects For this we had to transfer the data to the import parameter ‘CustomLayer’ of the method ‘RENDER_MA’.
Unfortunately the method ‘RENDER_MA’ of our proxy class ZMAI_GEO_CO_XMAP_WS does not own not these parameters, only the simple parameter ‘Layer’. The proxy class and its methods were generated within transaction SPROXY and using the WSDL document, as usual in SAP systems.
But inside of the WSDL document (look attachment) is the parameter visible, like other parameters, which were not generated.
How these parameters can be generated, so that they can be used with the method? Are there other possibilities?

Thanks,
Andreas Damian, DB Systel
Andreas Damian

Re: missing parameters

Post by Andreas Damian »

Additional informations - our SAP System release and levels:
SAP System Komponentenversion: EHP7 für SAP ERP 6.0
SAP Basiskomponente: SAP_BASIS Release 740 SP-Level 0007 Support Package SAPKB74007
SAP Web UI Framework: WEBCUIF Release 747 SP-Level 0005 Support Package SAPK-74705INWEBCUIF
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: missing parameters

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Andreas,

what you describe reminds me of some issues we faced several years ago with early versions of SAP's webservice integration: The WSDL importer wasn't able to deal with some specific features within webservice communication:
  • derived classes (e.g. CustomLayer is derived by Layer)
  • arrays
  • recursion
Let me know whether the version you use is a recent version or not. I'll try to trigger some SAP players here in the forum to give you some hints. Unfortunately the handling of WSDL import is outside the scope of PTV's own stuff - this is why I have to request external players to help.

Best regards
Bernd