waiting period

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
log-konz

waiting period

Post by log-konz »

Several of our customers have repeatedly complained that the optimization processes send a driver to an address where he has to wait several minutes or even hours, before the order can be completed.

Example:
Order time window: 10:00 - 12:00
Arrival: 09:30
Wating Time: 30minutes (until 10:00)

Is there a solution, malus or other configuration to solve this problem?
I want to keep the waiting period as short as possible.

Thank you for your help.
Joost

Re: waiting period

Post by Joost »

Trying to minimize the amount of waiting time is already indirectly one of the goals of the xTour. This does not mean it becomes totally unavoidable. Other goals like for example trying to plan in as many orders as possible will supersede this goals.

If you encounter waiting time the short explanation is that with your current planning this is the most optimal. I can understand that this may not be a completely satisfying answer. However to give a more thorough answer we need to properly analyse your planning situation. This is not something which we can do through the forum. I would recommend that if you want to learn more about this you get in contact with your technical consultant and discuss the details with him.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux