Routes in past - is historical considered for calculating?

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
g.fiume

Re: Routes in past - is historical considered for calculatin

Post by g.fiume »

Asterix wrote:Hello G.,

As this requires some 1:1 handling I recommend to get in touch with support.

Best regards from Paris,
Bernd
Ok Thank you...I'll get in touch with the support asap.

Have a good day
Gianni
g.fiume

Post by g.fiume »

Asterix wrote:Hello Norbert,

the answer is a bit "grey": depends on what kind of impact you expect from the response:
I assume you refer to "considering additional data in the request". Now here's a quick overview which additional source could help with which contribution:
  • FeatureLayer PTV_SpeedPatterns, PTV_TruckSpeedPatterns (based on historical traffic information): if used in the request we determine the day of the week of the routing context, e.g. tuesday. Then we apply the traffic conditions that were given on "THE TUESDAY data" in combination with the time. This does not consider the conditions of a specific TUESDAY but is more heuristic, some kind of an average time on an average tuesday
  • FeatureLayer PTV_TrafficIncidents (used to be TrafficInfoLoader, based on LIVE traffic info, updated every XX minutes): as this info is updated quite often the traffic condition few days ago is gone and no longer part of the current file (or database) content.
  • Custom RoadEditor layer (content maintained by the customer within MAP&GUIDE RoadEditor): well, that's tricky. Depending on when and how you maintain the data it might be possible that using this data sources information reflects the street conditions at a specific point in time (the past). But this is outside the scope of PTVs maintenance
OK, this was the more detailed answer and I'm aware that this is probably not what you want to have. But it is the current situation.

Best regards
Bernd
When you say that "an average time on an average Tuesday", how many Tuesday were considered? How long have traffic information been recorded?

Thank you again
Best Regards
Gianni
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Well, the data is the fuel for our engine named xServer.
As we buy the data from our providers such as TOMTOM HD traffic I am not an expert of the data structure.
From my understanding we get data based on 168 different pieces of the weekly cake:
  • Each weekday x 24 hours
  • How the providers determine the the statistics they provide is not transparent for me (in fact I am ok with that surficial perspective) - worst case this is an internal info of the provider
I therefore asked some data junkies from our internal department whether they can enlighten us.

Best regards
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
g.fiume

Post by g.fiume »

Hi, thank you for your reply. Visiting the TOM TOM HD website I've seen that traffic information about the est europe aren't available. Is there a way to retrive them from other sources?

Have a good day
Gianni
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Gianni,

from what I see in our maps we also have Traffic Patterns (car and trucks) but I can't tell you anything about the quality. If you want to test the data you have to get in touch with your sales counterpart.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: