Highways recognitions

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
g.fiume

Highways recognitions

Post by g.fiume »

Hi, I'm having problems with highways recognition. I want to send a request to calculate a route and its alternative between different highways road crossings. I've found a json with all kind of manoeuvres and I've selected 4 different locInfoNodeType: AE, AS, AD, and AK.
But in italy the highways E80 and E70 seems that are not recognized as highways and so I cannot find the relative manoeuvres: The junctions between Pescara and Rome and Tortona and Alessandria aren't recognized.

Because I need only highways streets I've set the highways "MalusByNetworkClass malus" to -99
Is there a problem with my request?
g.fiume

Re: Highways recognitions

Post by g.fiume »

I've seen online that E80 and E70 aren't under the control of "Autostrade per l'Italia SPA" but they are owned by other companies . Maybe PTV xroute recognize as highways only the street owned by "Autostrade per l'Italia SPA". Is this possible?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Giambattista,

first of all: AVOID_HIGHWAYS=-99 is dangerous!
Routing with AVOID_HIGHWAYS=-99. As the costs of a highways segment are reduced to almost "no costs" the algorithm identifies how to get on a highway nearby and then wastes lots of detour kilometers.
Routing with AVOID_HIGHWAYS=-99. As the costs of a highways segment are reduced to almost "no costs" the algorithm identifies how to get on a highway nearby and then wastes lots of detour kilometers.
About Pescara to Roma:
Total track PESCARA to ROMA. Red circles show a change in the Network Class, e.g. from TRUNK ROAD to HIGHWAY.  So a very long part of the track is HIGHWAY.
Total track PESCARA to ROMA. Red circles show a change in the Network Class, e.g. from TRUNK ROAD to HIGHWAY. So a very long part of the track is HIGHWAY.
There are several changes in the east
There are several changes in the east
...and in the west in ROMA.
...and in the west in ROMA.
As the long track is highway I'm not sure what you miss.

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
g.fiume

Post by g.fiume »

I need to go exclusively through highways and set avoid_highways =-99 was for me the best way to do that.

I've set as start point bari and as arrive torino. I've calculated 2 alternatives routes the first route goes through E55 and the second goes through E45.
Now i need to find into the json in response all the manoeuvres that are AE, AS, AD, and AK.
Near Pescara and near Rome there is no kind of manoeuvre.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Please get in touch with me for a 1:1 session...
bernd.welter@ptvgroup.com
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

turned out that the solution for Gianbattista's issue is the ResultListOptions.DETAIL_LEVEL of the manoeuvres:
By setting it to ALL the response contained the required highway elements.
Screenshot via XRouteToll testclient
Screenshot via XRouteToll testclient
They were missing because the STANDARD level only returns real manoeuvres where drivers have to change roads or lanes.
I added different colors (based on locInfoNodeType) and size (detailLevel) in my manoeuvres layer.

Best regards
Bernd
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany