TransportPoint Priority

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
puissancei

TransportPoint Priority

Post by puissancei »

Hello,

is it possible to set priority to TransportPoint ?

I need to prioritize the TransportPoint between them.
Some place have to be deliver before other.
I already use the product priority whose purpose is different.

Thank you
Joost

Re: TransportPoint Priority

Post by Joost »

I believe what you are looking for is the toursection attribute. From the documentation:
Position of the transport point in a tour (0 <= tourSection <= 1000). Within a tour the tourSection values != 0 of the transport points will be sorted ascending so that it is possible to pre-order the transport points. Transport points with tourSection 0 will be placed anywhere. TourSection 1 will be the first stop within a tour, and 1000 will be the last stop. There will be not more than one transport points within a tour with tourSection 1 or 1000, respectively.
General remark: with in xTour priority does nothing with the order points are inserted into a tour. Priority only raises the chance an order will be planned in, it has no effect where in the plan is will end up.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
puissancei

Post by puissancei »

When I use tourSection with transportAB I have the following message.

Could not plan basic tours (Reason: Could not set partner relation). Engine error: Invalid partner stop tour position (code: -1063) in transport order 2000.

How I have to fill tourSection ? How it works exactly ?

Thank you
Joost

Post by Joost »

In case of an AB order, transportpointA.toursection should be smaller or equal to transportpointB.toursection. I'm not sure how a value of 0 is allowed for only one of them since 0 is special value for anywhere. I'll check this further.
Joost Claessen
PTV Benelux
Joost

Post by Joost »

0 values are allowed and do not violate the a.toursection <= b.toursection rule. B.toursection should be greater then 1 since 1 means "has to be at the begin of the tour" which does not leave room for A to be inserted before.

Examples:
A.toursection = 0, B.toursection = 0 => valid
A.toursection = 0, B.toursection = 5 => valid
A.toursection = 5, B.toursection = 0 => valid
A.toursection = 5, B.toursection = 5 => valid
A.toursection = 8, B.toursection = 5 => invalid
A.toursection = 0, B.toursection = 1 => invalid
Joost Claessen
PTV Benelux
puissancei

Post by puissancei »

very clear.

Thank you
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Michele,Joost,

@Joost: thanks for the detailed comments.
@Michele: be aware that the tour section handling as described by Joost is easy to use within a planning of a single tour.
But: it could get challenging if you want to dispatch various AB-Orders over a set of vehicles and you still want to ensure some kind of internal sequences. Maybe it is a good idea to get in touch with Clement to check this usecase in detail.

Of course Joosts hints are great to know but sometimes a full picture of the "requirement" gives us important info for an optimal paramneter set.

Best regards,
Bernd

By the way: here's a post about priorities
http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=6&t=719
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: