National toll on German Bundesstraße (from 1.7.2018)

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

National toll on German Bundesstraße (from 1.7.2018)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

I was asked whether PTV is able to calculate the upcoming toll which applies on German Bundesstraßen from July 1st, 2018.
Yes we can.
Left: routing of a MG-truck-40t in the context of 30.6.2018 (before the switch).<br />Right: same route, same car but not in the context of 1.7.2018. <br />While most of the left route is &quot;without toll&quot; the major parts on the right are &quot;with toll&quot;.<br /><br />Toll values:<br />before: 3.7km // 0,57€<br />after: 58,6km // 9,13€
Left: routing of a MG-truck-40t in the context of 30.6.2018 (before the switch).
Right: same route, same car but not in the context of 1.7.2018.
While most of the left route is "without toll" the major parts on the right are "with toll".

Toll values:
before: 3.7km // 0,57€
after: 58,6km // 9,13€
Just use the CountryInfoOptions property TollDate.^

Important to know:
On the one hand we have detailed toll sections based on the TollCollect data. Therefore we return the detailed section based toll already in the current scenarios. For the future scenarios we have to add the Bundesstraßenmaut by approximation.
The route has been calculated on https://xroute-eu-n-test.cloud.ptvgroup ... /ws/XRoute
(Provider: TOMTOM Map: PTV Europe City Map Premium, Version: 2017.2T)
Well known Testclient ;-)<br />As you can see some elements are assigned to TollCollect while others (the last ones ) are approximated.
Well known Testclient ;-)
As you can see some elements are assigned to TollCollect while others (the last ones ) are approximated.
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: National toll on German Bundesstraße (from 1.7.2018)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

in the meantime we have updated our toll scenarios. The toll rates now reflect the official values given by the provider.
In January 2019 Germany will update the rates again and we already prepare this new scenario within our data department (maybe available in advance in october 2018)

Of course there are many ways how to display toll costs. Here's a report I added to one of my test clients this morning:
report of the toll aggregated by streetname and further properties
report of the toll aggregated by streetname and further properties
TollTotals - some meta values aggregated by country
TollTotals - some meta values aggregated by country
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: