Without RoadEditor, can we avoid a region?

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
netquest34

Without RoadEditor, can we avoid a region?

Post by netquest34 »

Is there any way to modify a profile, such as truckfast.xml, to prevent routes from passing through a specific region? E.g. a circle around a specific coordinate, or a rectangle.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Without RoadEditor, can we avoid a region?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Darran,

not a 100% solution for what you asked for but I want to draw your attention to these topics:
  • It is possible to avoid certain countries by specifiying a blacklist of the codes. This works with profiles (preconfigured) and in the cloud / via API (check snippet)
  • It is possible to define an ExceptionPath object based on intersectingLines: this works via API but not via preconfiguration. The goal of this approach is to ensure that this line is NOT crossed. So you could create a rectangular fence as a "prison" for a truck (mathmatical dicsussions about the meaning of "INSIDE" will make my day).
Best regards so far,
waiting for your response,
Bernd

PS: maybe a more detailed description of the usecase can help. If the topic is too sensitive I recommend to get in touch 1:1 with your local technical consultant.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: