Which versions of xServer are supported?

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
quintiqus

Which versions of xServer are supported?

Post by quintiqus »

We have some customers running on xServer 1.16, I recently heard PTV stopped supporting that version? What versions are supported and what is the policy here?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Which versions of xServer are supported?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jan,

as this (very important) question is a strategic one I forwarded it to product management and asked them for an official statement. They will surely answer within the next days.

From my perspective you should always consider to migrate the clients to the latest versions because otherwise they miss important bugfixes.

Besides the manual efforts: is there some other reason why the clients still use 1.16 (released at the beginning of 2013)?

Best regards from Germany,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
mnu

Post by mnu »

PTV's discontinuations will regurlarly announced in our developer blog (see: http://devblog.ptvgroup.com/2016/07/11/ ... -products/).

PTV xServer version 1.16 were supported until first of April 2016 (announcement at third of September 2015)
PTV xServer version 1.18 will be supported until first of April 2017 (announcement at eleventh of July 2016)

Process:
PTV supports the current version (1.22) and the last two versions (1.20,1.18). With the upcoming version 1.24 we will end the support of 1.18 as mentioned above.

Please note:
Versions of PTV maps will also be discontinued and the corresponding add-on tools for PTV xServer and PTV Mapserver. Please
use the RSS to be informed about updates, maintenance issues, events and webinars.
Dr. Michael Nutto
Sales Development Manager - CEE Transportation
quintiqus

Post by quintiqus »

Thanks both! The reason we are lagging behind is that we do regression testing with our software. Then our customers do the same and then we go live with a version that is probably no longer the latest version.

By the way, on the developer blog I see dates like 01/04/2017, but that is January 4th 2017 in the United States. Probably 1-Apr 2017 works best.