Can I ask questions on PTV Map & Guide in this forum?

PTVs approach to routing calculation that combines various networks together.
ptv-test1

Can I ask questions on PTV Map & Guide in this forum?

Post by ptv-test1 »

Hi, question - is there a separate forum to address specific questions on PTV Map & Guide to the experts of this tool?

Explanation:
To evaluate the quality and fit of the PTV Map & Guide software to the needs of our company, we had a chance to test PTV Map & Guide on very simple practical examples from daily use. It looks like a great tool! :D

However, the devil as always is in details :evil:.
The problem is that as an outcome of test, we have identified and reported to the PTV vendor (via 2 different channels) a number of questions with concrete examples on potential limitations of the tool, unclear routing algorithm behaviour, and even software bugs with an expectation to get confirmations and/or clarifications in case it was us doing something wrong (always a possibility if you use particular product for the first time even after more than 10 years of experience with similar tools). :geek: :?

Good news is that we got feedback via both channels, but the bad news was that the feedback from both channels wishes to be better as most of that feedback was off-topic given how specific our questions were. :(

Happy to share questions one-by-one once I get confirmation on the right platform/forum/person to address it to.

Thank you and stay safe!

YK
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Can I ask questions on PTV Map & Guide in this forum?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Yuriy,

we will get back to you one to one to discuss this topic. I already informed some M&G buddies about this.

In fact this forum is a discussion board for PTV clients who use our developer components known as the PTV xServer. Maybe some of your colleagues who deal wih xServers are already registered users here ;-)

We look forward to you as a potential new customer.

Best regards from Germany,
Bernd Welter
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: