How to share data with others?

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

How to share data with others?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

this week I've been asked by several partiers whether PTV offers a solution for the following requirement. Try to get the specific story first - then put it on a generic level.

Summarzied Story:
We calculate information such as routes with PTV APIs. The output is then displayed in our application. As a nice extension I would like to share the result with some other players in a read only mode (can't change the route itself) but with a level of interaction (user can view the route in a map and zoom in/out and so on. What we would like to have is a sharing mechanism where we send a URL to the recipient that he can immediately access the desired content.
Let's look at the following slide:
share_content.png
  • On the left side we see the leading application that is used by the admin who "creates" content by using our PTV xServer (or to be more precise: PTV xServer Internet).
  • The content is consumed and some of the data is stored in the clients database (not at PTV!)
  • Based on some primary key elements of "the content" the URL is created and shared with the read only user
  • He connects to a second (web) application which has access to the client database
  • The second application uses the "primary key" to identify the relevant content in the client database...
  • and then produces the user interface which displays the content in read only mode.
This overview should give you an impression of how to build this within your scope - whether you are an end customer or a partner.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: