Autofill Form with the help of ptv server

deals with geocoding and reverse geocoding
weisss

Autofill Form with the help of ptv server

Post by weisss »

We are trying to design an autofill form for addresses with the help of ptv server.
The logic is: Fill in the zipcode ==> suggestions for places are shown (this could work with findAddress - but I don't know if there is a better way). When the place is picked, street suggestions must be shown. The suggested streets can be filtered. We didn't find a PTV API for that.
Is there a good solution you can recommend?

Thanks!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Autofill Form with the help of ptv server

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Stephan,

before we go into technical details and APIs - how about this geocoding user experience for an interactive approach?
This is our xLocate 2 Showcase
click the pic!
click the pic!
With each typed character we perform a single field geocoding is performed - no matter what parts of the address are entered.

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: also forwarded your post to product development ;-) Let's see what the colleagues comment on this.
toggle betweeen single field (SearchByTextRequest) and multi field geocoding (SearchByAddressRequest)
toggle betweeen single field (SearchByTextRequest) and multi field geocoding (SearchByAddressRequest)
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
weisss

Re: Autofill Form with the help of ptv server

Post by weisss »

I have just talked with our product owner and the customer wants to distinguish between zipcode, place and street.
So the idea is still to type in the zipcode and have suggestions for the place and after entering the place having suggestions for the street (even with filtering, p.e. first 50 entries and a text filter).
Is that possible?