HBEFA and CNG / LNG

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

HBEFA and CNG / LNG

Post by Bernd Welter »

HI guys,

could you comment on this? A partner recently made some tests with HBEFA and here's what he encountered (summarized by me):
I tried your recommendation with CNG and in fact I received emissions >0. The issue was caused by the profile of 12.5t truck:
  • Looks like HBEFA 4 is required (with previous versions we get emissions==0).
  • The total weight is supposed to be less equal than 12t. Exceeding this value also returns "emissions==0".
But why 12t? - I did some research and found this article on hbefa.net:
  • "In addition, alternative drivetrains for HGV newly introduced in HBFEA 4.1 (e.g. BEV, CNG, PHEV) are not differentiated by the same detailed size classes as conventional trucks, but only by 3 size classes for rigid trucks and one size class for TT/AT."
  • HGV = HGV: Heavy goods vehicles {= general term for trucks, truck trailers (TT) and articulated trucks (AT)}
Sounds like there's no detailed specification in the data. But on the other hand the article does not mention a limitation to 12t.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: HBEFA and CNG / LNG

Post by Bernd Welter »

Feedback from DEV:
For CNG, there is a test of strict equality for 12t instead of ‘greater or equal to’ 12t.
I will fix that now locally.
But for the moment, with the current version of xRoute, the total weight should not exceed 12t (for CNG)

The fix is linked to the implementation for LNG and new hbefa 4.2
If everything is ready for 2.26, it will be included into the version.
That’s our plan
So there's a bug on our side - which will be fixed soon ;-)
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: