Detour

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
KZsolt

Detour

Post by KZsolt »

Hello guys!

I require some explanation again :)
We plan between the following two points: [47.374779, 19.048795 - HU] & [47.425411, 19.064196 - HU]
As a result we receive a route which has a huge detour around the centrum of the city.
no1.PNG
I've checked the segment attributes and I noticed on the last section theres are some DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS5|0=120 restrictions, which means the road is closed for vehicles heavier than the given weight except for residential vehicles.
no2.png
In our case the vehicle is residental (as we transport goods there), so we can use these segments.
BUT if that is the case, why dont we use the following road which is much shorter and doesn't take the detour?
no3.PNG
I've received that alternative route with RoadEditor layer turned off, but I don't see any other limitation other than that DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS5|0=120 limit.
The question is: If there are the same kind of restrictions on both routes, why can't we use the shorter one with RoadEditor options?
Is there a calculation on how much distance we have to drive on these restricted segments? And in the first case this distance is shorter from the north side?

I've attached the currently used profile.
The map is 2015.2H EuroPremium
The RoadEditor layer is: TruckAttributes_EUR
RoadEditor additional options: MAX_WEIGHT=40000,MAX_HEIGHT=400,MAX_WIDTH=250,MAX_LENGTH=17500,MAX_AXLE_LOAD=1050

Thank you,
Zsolt
Attachments
mg-truck-40t.zip
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Detour

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Kiraly,

I think there is a misunderstanding of the DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS5|0=120 :

The effect of this segment attribute depends on the vehicles conditions!
Your profile contains the following
<KeyValue key="DirOptCondMalus5" enabled="true" malus="2500" threshold="40000"/>

What we do is we compare the segments value (in this case 120) with the value of the vehicle (in this case 40000). If the vehicles value exceeds the segments value (this is the case in the current lot) we apply the given malus (in this case 2500).
(PS: the value'S meaning is weight and is based on 100kg, so 120 means 12000kg, 40000 means 4000000kg... probably not meaningful range)

In the end this means that we accept a detour up to factor 2500% (25 times original costs). And this is why we may return a 80km track instead of 6-8km (more or less direct connection).

Looks like almost every segment near the industrial area is a reason to perform a detour (see screenshot)
area near the industrial zone
area near the industrial zone
If you want to allow the vehicle to drive through that area you may have to
  • disable the malus
  • set it to a more tolerant malus value (0=I don't care <=> 2500 accept long detour)
  • reduce the vehicles value (weight, e.g. 119)
Best regards Bernd
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Helo!

Thank you very much for the explanation Bernd!
Now I understand how these attributes work, but could you please explain what kind of restrictions are these DirOptCondMalus temporal restrictions? Quite hard to decide what malus values we should use without the knowledge what they represent :).

Regards,
Zsolt
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Kiraly,

I have to forward your question to those guys who create the TruckAttributes bin file because they know how they map external provider data to the BIN files and I prefer to have a proper document I can refer to here in the forum.
Please be patient!

Best regards
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Here is a list of comments. What is important:
The client has to decide whether he is to be treated as a residential. We cannot decide in advance whether a routing waypoint is located in this residential area...
  • name recommended malus description
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS1 2501 closed for vehicles with trailer heavier than a given weight
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS2 2501 closed for vehicles with hazardous material heavier than a given weight
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS3 2501 closed for vehicles with explosive material heavier than a given weight
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS4 2501 closed for vehicles with material hazardous to waters heavier than a given weight
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS5 2500 closed for vehicles heavier than a given weight except for residentials
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS6 2500 closed for vehicles heavier than a given weight except for delivery
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS7 2500 closed for vehicles heavier than a given weight except for garbage trucks, and/or maintenance vehicles
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS8 -99 preferred route for vehicles heavier than a given weight
  • DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS9 -99 preferred route for vehicles with hazardous material heavier than a given weight
Attention: don't forget to apply

Code: Select all

<AdditionalDataRules enabled="true" layerName="TruckAttributes">
   <VehicleSpecific enabled="true"/>
</AdditionalDataRules>
as described in this article.

Bernd
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Hello!

Thanks for the research and help Bernd!
I'll fix our malus values :)

Regards,
Zsolt
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Hello everyone!

Can someone please answer me how am I suppose to check the time stamps/intervals of these temporal restrictions?
Is there any tool I can use for that? :)

Thank you,
Zsolt
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Kiraly,

blockings that are contained in BIN files are no longer time dependent: they will be applied if you refer to the BIN file (in combination with your vehicles routing properties such as MAX_WEIGHT,...) - the reason for this is the technical structure of such a BIN file (old technology).

The new feature layer mechanism comes along with "validity period" (or something similar) in the definition of the files. So this is how we can manage such temporary blockings in the future.

If you use MAP&GUIDE RoadEditor database layer you may specify the time context of a route:
The xRoute will then call an internal method which creates a BIN file on the fly. This BIN file is something like an export from the MAP&GUDIE database that filters only such blockings that are available at the given routing time.
Compare it with MAP&GDUIDE RoadEditor layer export
The time dependant  blocking from 19.-20.08.2015 is not part of the export into the BIN file because this interval doesn't match the export timestamp. The othe two blockings appear in the BIN file because they are<br />- not time dependent<br />- matching the interval
The time dependant blocking from 19.-20.08.2015 is not part of the export into the BIN file because this interval doesn't match the export timestamp. The othe two blockings appear in the BIN file because they are
- not time dependent
- matching the interval
I hope this answers the question,

Best regards
Bernd