Routing user stories

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Routing user stories

Post by Bernd Welter »

StoryGeneric/KPI determination (strategic)Tactical RouteLiveETAReconstruction
Demand / PurposeFor a tender the KPIs are required. No concrete date of execution givenWe want to drive soon in a potential period, e.g. next Friday or calendar week 42Vehicle is on the road - route happens "now".Sequence of GPS coordinates is used to create a route object which returns estimated KPIs and maybe also shows violations performed by the driver.
PTV_TruckAttributes, PTV_RestrictionZones, PTV_PreferredRoutesyesyesyesyes
PTV_SpeedPatterns / PTV_TruckSpeedpatternsfalse - no precise routing time context is known :?: truefalse
PTV_TrafficIncidentsmaybeyesyesmaybe
TimeConsiderationTollOnlyTimeSpan (Performance: try to use a short period, e.g. one day, one week)ExactAtStartExactAt... with known value, e.g. first or last GPS timestamp
Violationsmaybemaybemaybetrue
As you may see:
  • I sometimes added a "maybe" into the columns. This is because I can't simply give the same advice under any circumstances. It might be helpful to discuss your expectation with us. What you could keep in mind: you might want to send an iteravite sequence of routings to the API, e.g. first call with "violations disabled" (returns a legal route, performance is high) and if that one fails you could send a second transaction with "violations enabled". In such a scenario I'd not recommend to apply "violations==true" with any transaction because this could have a negative impact on the routes in terms of legal constraints.
  • PreferredRoutes: if you apply this layer you need to ensure that you also specify the relevant PreferredRouteTypes to be considered (e.g. only BK_4 for some swedish road categories) and you have to provide a proper value for the PreferredRoutePenalty (as part of the FeatureLayerProfile).
Bernd
Last edited by Bernd Welter on Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: