How to deal with sparse emission info?

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

How to deal with sparse emission info?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Here's a recent question about the calculation of emission if the required input parameters is not given by 100%:
First of all, thank you for the links you sent. They clarified for me a bit what we can achieve thanks to your service. I am also interested in the logic of the route inquiry and the profiling of the vehicle and its parameters, such as the type of drive or fuel consumption (because such information is not always easy to obtain when considering the offer profile published by our clients - in other words, how do you deal with incomplete data when making such calculations) .
From my perspective this could more or less be compensated depending on the emission standard in use, at least if you have access to some average info regarding a vehicles overall consumption or a fleets consumption over a given period. This is possible with EmissionValueScenarioType_EN16258_2012 or the latest EmissionValueScenario_ISO14083_2023 as these approaches are so-called Factor-based approaches : If you have detailed info you are supposed to refer to the detailed scenario - if you can only provide the surficial averages you may fall back to the more generic levels.

With the alternative Comprehensive approaches the calculation of the emission is based on internal algorithms default values which means the client doesn't have to provide the consumption values themselves but just the underlying vehicle properties which enable the algorithm to match the proper consumption values from the internal tables. For example EmissionValueScenarioType_HBEFA_4 is just a standard.

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: I also recommend the following articles about emission calculation:
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: