Best practices implementing PTV. Map Control up to date?

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
unheal1337

Best practices implementing PTV. Map Control up to date?

Post by unheal1337 »

Hello PTV community,

We are a growing company and want to start using PTV as the routing service. Our customers are operating in the area of waste management and want to use an interactive map to see their vehicles, orders and routes (tours). Therefore I am asking for best practice and method to implement an interactive Map in a C# application.

After research I have found the WpfMaps Control + Demo Center and played around with it. I would like to know if that Control is up to date and will get supported in the future?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias Zylka
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Best practices implementing PTV. Map Control up to date?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Tobias,

well, though I am a huge fan of the xServer.net control I must admit that the demand for desktop applications decreases for the benefit of browser based approaches (including vector maps as an alternative to the good, old raster maps).
The control is not a real product. We gave it away "as it is" and of course we are happy if it makes you happy:

It supports the PTV raster maps of all generations:
  • xmap 1
  • xmap 2
  • developer raster maps
But to make a long story short:
you should not expect further development.

There's a dedicated sub forum. Any xserver.net related question is supposed to be dropped there.

Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: