Truck transit roads

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
KZsolt

Truck transit roads

Post by KZsolt »

Helo everyone!

We face a really complicated problem this time that I’ll try to explain with all the small details.
We hope you could help us to solve that issue because we have found no real solution on the forums or descriptions:

We couldn’t managed to enable the national truck transit road handling rules in xRoute.
It is vital to handle the transit roads right in the routing because driving on a prohibited non-transit road leads to a huge fine for our customers.
In average there are only a few transit roads in a european country and if we plan between outside points through that country xRoute should use only the permitted transit roads.
There are also country local transit roads which are similar to the country based transit roads. But first we would like to clarify the usage of the country wide transit roads.

In the example we are planning between the following 2 points: 47.946111, 19.146665 – HU and 47.729792, 17.636301 – HU
With our current profile, setting and map data, xRoute calculates the following road:
pic1.png
The route is incorrect and violates the transit road rules! All of these roads are forbiden to use IN TRANSIT drive in Slovenia. That kind of limitation is the same in any other countries in europe.
The right sollution could be one of the following: We use roads only in Hungary because thats the destination/origin, or we could use Slovenian roads BUT ONLY the transit ones.
We can not limit the countries involved in planning to Hungary in our case, because the valid transit route in Slovenia might be better compared to the hungarian route.

Could you please help us how can we achieve that desired behaviour?

Regards,
KZsolt
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Truck transit roads

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Kiraly,

first feedback from DATA department is: The data retrieved from the providers do not contain such PreferredRoutes for Slowenia by now.

E.g. HERE (2015.Q2) provides only 6km of PreferredRoutes for whole Slowenia.
slovenia preferred routes
slovenia preferred routes
We still discuss about how to approach this in your context. As soon as I have new input --> I'll answer.

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Kiraly,

meanwhile I received further info from my colleagues:

How about using the ExceptionPath mechanism to assign a negative value (e.g. -75 = a preference) to those preferred routes?

Strange thing:
Our colleagues tried to reproduce your routing geometry but it always uses hungarian roads.
route without TruckAttributes
route without TruckAttributes
route with TruckAttributes
route with TruckAttributes
Best regards Bernd

PS: did you use some more avoid/malus values?
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Helo guys!

Thanks for the ideas! We'll discuss if we can solve the issue with the usage of exceptionPath system and I'll get back to you.

Thank you,
Zsolt