Questions about BCR handling

PTV's mobile solution based on off-line maps - standard application and SDK
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Questions about BCR handling

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Sebastian,

a partner wants to use the BCR mechanism and has some questions about the BCR converter (which converts xServer1 output into PTV Navigator input):
  • Question: Can we get the source code of the BCR converter? This would enable us to understand how the converter works. - Answer: The source code is part of the zip archive
  • Question: What is the status of the BCR converter? Is it a product or just an experimental example? - Answer: It is just an example - not a "product". But the definition of the files according to the documentation is a part of the product: if you create such a file and it doesn't work properly we are in charge!
  • Question: Are we allowed to change and recompile the sourcecode of the BCR converter - Answer: we won't prevent you from this. But if you do this we won't be able to support you when errors occur.
  • Question:
    BCR-description.png
    There's a description section given in the BCR files. Can we use this section to forward instruction texts to the user / the navigation. What is the maximum text length for these freetexts? - Answer: According to some articles in the internet the length of a single value within a WIndows INI file is restricted to a maximum of 1023 characters. We haven't cross checked this. But for a simple description this should be sufficient- Furthermore the value is not used besides the "description" feature. GO FOR IT!
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Questions about BCR handling

Post by Bernd Welter »

I received some feedback from Sebastian and added it into the "answers" above.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: