gathering information from the Navigator? (download)

PTV's mobile solution based on off-line maps - standard application and SDK
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

gathering information from the Navigator? (download)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Christa,

is it possible to connect to the Navigator to get the current ETA which is computed on the mobile device? WHat would be the technical interface for such a doanload?

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Christa Brand

Re: gathering information from the Navigator? (download)

Post by Christa Brand »

Hi Bernd,

it´s kind of possible. To get Information from PTV Navigator, you need to use our API, the "Remote Interface".
Using our app, the API and an app of yours (= you as an Integrator/partner need an app running on the same device to communicate with us) you can "grab" basically any data you want and then send it to the dispatcher (or anyone else).

Here´s our API documentation if you feel like reading something :-)
http://navigator.ptvgroup.com/DE/remote ... index.html
Bee

Post by Bee »

Hi there,

investigating the remote Interface i see no possibility of fetching the described information about the calculated ETA or any other detail information about a route calculated by the navigator. Maybe its hidden implicitly or i just overlooked this feature.
Can you be a bit more explicit about which function to use? That would be great!

Best regards,
Eike
Christa Brand

Post by Christa Brand »

Hello Eike,

please check out the event types here: http://navigator.ptvgroup.com/DE/remote ... types.html
you can listen to any of these events and with that gather Information from the navigation.

PS: we don´t offer the ETA, we offer the duration of the tour (which you can use to calculate the ETA with based on the current time)
navi eta.PNG
Kind regards,
Christa