Couldn't parse stream

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
KZsolt

Couldn't parse stream

Post by KZsolt »

Hello guys!

Somethimes when I plan with PTV I recieve a "Couldn't parse stream" error. Do you have any suggestions what can cause that issue?

Thank you,
K.Zsolt
Joost

Re: Couldn't parse stream

Post by Joost »

Is this an error the xServer produces, or you own software?

If the xServer produces the error I would recommend to set your request logging to exceptional (conf/xserver.properties -> logRequests=exceptional ) and wait for the error to happen. After the error occurred you can contact support for further investigation. Do not forget to include a copy of the conf and logs files, and report which versions you are using.

If your own software produces the error you need to look into your code what triggers the error message. My best guess would be that you either hit a maximum size limit somewhere or your expecting a value somewhere witch isn't there. Last is most common in case a route has no size (start & end are the same, no intermediate points.
KZsolt

Re: Couldn't parse stream

Post by KZsolt »

Thanks for your ideas Joost!

xServer produced that error.
I'll try to save the log files next time I face that issue. Currently I can't send any relevant document, sorry.