xServer2 findAddress only one result

deals with geocoding and reverse geocoding
voringer

xServer2 findAddress only one result

Post by voringer »

Hi,

we use xServer1 to find locations, e.g. searching only by country+postalCode and get back a list with the city1 main location and city1 + city2 minor locations (districts).
xServer2 only returns one results searching only by country+postalCode which is the main location without districts. Having a look at the API Docs I see no way to change the behaviour or get somehow the districts in postalCode area. Is there a way to do this with xServer2?

Best regards,
Peter
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: xServer2 findAddress only one result

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Peter,

from my perspective our developers changed the approaches from a "philosophical" point of view:
  • xLocate 1 provided a large number of parameters and we had a lot of discussions with various customers to identify their individual needs.
  • Now with xLocate2 we want to enable ourselves to analyse your input addresses on a high level and we want this analysis to find out a users requirement automatically. So this is a major challenge now because a limited flexibility tries to cope with all customers.
Besides these aspects there's also a more technical answer to your question and that's why I forwarded your post to Jochen/Christian from the DEV team. As far as I know them they will answer quickly (as long as they are not on vacation).

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
bocajo

Post by bocajo »

Hi

For the xLocate2 we choose a different approach as with xLocate1 either for the data structure as well as for the algorithm. So the xLocate2 works completely different:
  • For the data structure we want to orientate ourselve more to the data provider. The data provider assigne the postal code only to the city not to the district.
  • For the algorithm we try to get along with less parameters and currently we are focused on the basic search this means find the best matching address and list it at the first position.
These are the two reasons why the xLocate isn't able to list all cities and districts which belongs to a postal code.

Best regards,
Jochen
Jochen Anderer
Manager Engineer
PTV GROUP GERMANY
voringer

Post by voringer »

Hi,

I understand the intention. In our case the accuracy is not on a street level, but on a district level, means we need to pull out postalCode+city+district. Is there another way to get districts of a city?

Best regards,
Peter
bocajo

Post by bocajo »

Hi

Sorry to disappoint you but with the xLocate 2 it isn't currently possible to get all districts of a city or postal code. If you really need this feature you have to contact our Support, Professional Service or Product Management they will prioritise and organise it together with the development department.

Best regards,
Jochen
Jochen Anderer
Manager Engineer
PTV GROUP GERMANY