How to deal with delays on loading stops

Deals with the web service platform called Drive&Arrive http://driveandarrive.ptvgroup.com/en/ that enables you and your stakeholders to stay up2date with the current transport's estimated time of arrival (ETA)
leen

How to deal with delays on loading stops

Post by leen »

In our TMS app we have both delivery and loading stops. On a loading stop, when he is already arrived, the driver has the possibility to make the time at the stop longer. For example: there is a queue and there are 3 vehicles before him, he might think ‘this is gonna cost me 1 hour extra’. There might be delivery stops after this one, so customers must be informed about the ETA and this delay should be calculated with.

The way we solved it now is to update the tour and make the serviceTimeAtStop longer for the already arrived stop. But i have the idea that it’s not working. Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards,
Leen Rietveld
Michael.Hubschneider

Re: How to deal with delays on loading stops

Post by Michael.Hubschneider »

Hi Leen,

not sure about your environment, are you using Drive&Arrive from your app only, or do you also use the driver app?
What you describe regarding tp updating the tour with a changed ServiceTime at stop is the right thing to do, and it should do the job.
In case you are using the driver app, the driver app is informed about tour updates, and you can do the same thing in your app if you are subscribing to tour updates, so you are informed actively of any changes.

Best regards
Michael
Michael Hubschneider
Senior Product Manager Navigation Products
PTV GERMANY
leen

Re: How to deal with delays on loading stops

Post by leen »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. It took a while because i had not checked 'Notify me...'. We only use Drive&Arrive from our app. Good to hear that we took the right approach. I will do a new test and let you know what the outcome is.

Best regards,
Leen Rietveld.