FAQ : PTV xServer Internet

Proper forum for all questions related to xServer INTERNET = the Azure based cloud solution. This forum deals with the architecture topics such as load balancing, available profiles and standard server settings.
Please be aware that questions about core functionality such as routing, mapping, geocoding in general should be placed in the xServers dedicated forum ;-)
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

FAQ : PTV xServer Internet

Post by Bernd Welter »

Here are some regular Q&A within the context of xServer Internet. Feel free to report feedback in case you miss something important!
  • How often do you update the cloud maps? - Answer: Depends on the update cycle of the map data itself. Check this post to get more details about the data cycles. Therefore each cloud is updated few weeks after the internal release - e.g. European clouds twice per year, other regional maps once per year.
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
nr-tis

Re: FAQ : PTV xServer Internet

Post by nr-tis »

Hi Bernd,

do both XServer (1 and 2) use the same maps? Or are that different maps for XServer1 and XServer2 and do they have different versions and release dates?
Is there a possibility to get the version or the release date of a map by api call?

Best regards,
Norbert
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: FAQ : PTV xServer Internet

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Norbert,

both API versions can use the same maps - the only special requirement at the moment is the geocoding of xLocate2 which requires an additional GCD index (not required in xServer1). Without this index the xServer2 can only offer the non-xLocate modules.

Next thing is that the GCD is currently not available for TOMTOM maps.

WIth xServer2 we invented some API methods that enable you to gather runtime information such as Map provider Information and more:
KPIs from a xRuntime.DataInformationRequest
KPIs from a xRuntime.DataInformationRequest
forum-1124.PNG (8.95 KiB) Viewed 11926 times
I recommend that you get in touch with me 1:1 to ensure we resolved all your requirements ;-)

Regards,
Bernd

PS: We use these runtime methods also to create the pages in the administration section on the service.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: