Map Provider

Proper forum for all questions related to xServer INTERNET = the Azure based cloud solution. This forum deals with the architecture topics such as load balancing, available profiles and standard server settings.
Please be aware that questions about core functionality such as routing, mapping, geocoding in general should be placed in the xServers dedicated forum ;-)
ernestas@terrait.net

Map Provider

Post by ernestas@terrait.net »

Hello team,
i'm using xserver web service (xserver2-europe-eu.cloud.ptvgroup.com:443/services/ws/XRoute) to get some locations by reverse geocoding. But in certain locations i get not quite correct information, so i decided to check if other maps can solve my problem. Now i'm wondering how can i set/change map provider between HERE and TomTom?

Regards
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Map Provider

Post by Bernd Welter »

Cheers!

For the xServer2 in the cloud we offer HERE maps as an exclusive provider.
In an onPremise world you could install TOMTOM maps too but without the geocoder index. The index is internally prepared for HERE only.

I recommend to get in touch with your assigned PTV technical counterpart and discuss the concrete data 1:1.

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: Reverse geocoding os based on xLocate - not on xRoute. And xLocate requires the Geocoder index which is prepared for HERE maps only.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: