Facts about Speed Patterns

This forum deals with questions about special content. Let us know what kind of content you wish to see within our services...
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Facts about Speed Patterns

Post by Bernd Welter »

Cheers,

as the topic of dynamic routing appears more and more often I just want to provide some facts about the feature layer PTV_SpeedPatterns and PTV_TruckSpeedPatterns. This list is subject to be improved ;-) Feel free to ask in the thread and I'll extend the list:
  • Who ist the provider of the data? We get the data from TOMTOM and HERE and assemble them for the corresponding maps.
  • What is the release cycle of the data? The data is updated together with the base map, e.g. twice per year for european maps (see this thread)
  • What data is part of the content? 1.7.2020: We distinguish about 168 conditions in the data (7 days of a statistical week, 24 hours). These conditions do not handle bank holidays or vacations in a special way. The detail level can be changed in the future.
  • Where can I find more details? The info is spread over the documentation. Feature Layer Basics, Theme specific properties, generic page
  • Fancy video about uni-directional Dijkstra (uni-directional is required for time dependency)
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: