Map Marker placement issues (setFixPoint and 3DViewAngle)

PTV's mobile solution based on off-line maps - standard application and SDK
Tim@Sodefa

Map Marker placement issues (setFixPoint and 3DViewAngle)

Post by Tim@Sodefa »

Hello everyone,
( NPFLEX-4022 )
I'm developing a navigation prototype with the Navigator SDK but I'm facing two issues regarding the placement of the map marker, as well as one issue with the map-scaling (zooming).

1. I am not able to change the 3DViewAngle via the maprenderer.ini file. According to the documentation here http://navigator.ptvgroup.com/DE/sdk/mapstyles.html, I should be able to change the default value of 90 degrees to some other value. But it doesn't show any effect. I have validated the correct use of the maprenderer.ini by changing other values like

Code: Select all

IncreaseStreetnameLabels=0
which seems to work. Am I missing something?

2. Changing the Map-Views' fix point via

Code: Select all

setFixPoint(Position relPos)
doesn't seem to work with all values stated in the documentation (see http://navigator.ptvgroup.com/DE/sdk/ja ... .Position-). The maximum negative value on the y-axis seems to be -39. Exceeding this value leads to following SDK-error: SDK_ERROR_InvalidParameter. With position values of (0, -39) it works fine though.
setFixPoint.PNG
Again, maybe I am missing something here?

3. I'm not able to produce any effect for scaling the Map-View below 50. Neither through pinching, nor by code. Is this intended? I was not able to find some limit within the documentation.

To our prototype, these features are crucial to realize a kind of 'close-up' navigation, where the scale is by default really close up to the vehicle, the marker is displayed at the very bottom of the map and the low angle allows to have a good sight at the front. Do you think realizing a scenario like this is possible with the navigator SDK?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance! Best regards.