Map&Guide and BCR format

PTV's mobile solution based on off-line maps - standard application and SDK
Dominykas

Map&Guide and BCR format

Post by Dominykas »

Hello, this doesn't directly concern xServer, but I believe this is a question that would be best answered by developers and not managers.

As I understand, after a recent Map&Guide update, there was a change in a way a BCR route file is formed, specifically the detailed route (segments), when there are 3 or more stop-off points. Previously it would be:

Code: Select all

[Station2Segmentcenters]
Point1=123456,654321,0
Point2=123457,654322,0

[Station3Segmentcenters]
Point1=123458,654323,0
Point2=123459,654324,0

And now it's like this:

Code: Select all

[Station2Segmentcenters]
Point1=123456,654321,0
Point2=123457,654322,0
Point3=123458,654323,0
Point4=123459,654324,0

[Station3Segmentcenters]

Segmentation from all points is put under Station2Segmentcenters, while other "Segmentcenters" are empty.

This change broke some of our code, but worse, PTV Navigator doesn't seem to follow this detailed route under Station2Segmentcenters when navigating to 3rd or later stop-off points.

So I guess my question is: is this change in BCRs permanent (relatively) and we should adjust to it or is this a bug / changes in progress that we should wait out?

Kind Regards,
Dominykas Viecas
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Map&Guide and BCR format

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Domynikas,

I moved the topic to he NAVIGATOR subforum - surely Christa or Michael will take care of it asap!

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Christa Brand

Post by Christa Brand »

Hi Domynikas,
thank you for your feedback.

Seems indeed this was an unwanted change - we will revert this asap and I´ll let you know as soon as you can expect the "old" behaviour.

Kind regards,
Christa
Dominykas

Post by Dominykas »

Hello,

We have recently come across another bug when creating .BCR files. When creating a route with a total of 2 points, the "Segmentcenters" only contain some, but not all of the detailed route, starting from beginning and ending randomly in the middle. I have attached an example file. There is a huge gap between last coordinates in "Segmentcenters" and the coordinates of second stop-off point.

Kind regards,
Dominykas Viečas

Santa_Croce_-_La_Beltiere.bcr.zip
Example BCR
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Michael.Hubschneider

Post by Michael.Hubschneider »

Hi Dominykas,

the Map&Guide Internet version has been fixed and rolled out, thanks for reporting!

I tried to reproduce the second one, but seems correct to me, could you try again? I add almost the same one, produced with the latest version of map&guide. I attach my route. Could you check tant again with the current version?

Best regards
Michael
Michael Hubschneider
Senior Product Manager Navigation Products
PTV GERMANY
Dominykas

Post by Dominykas »

Michael.Hubschneider wrote:Hi Dominykas,

the Map&Guide Internet version has been fixed and rolled out, thanks for reporting!

I tried to reproduce the second one, but seems correct to me, could you try again? I add almost the same one, produced with the latest version of map&guide. I attach my route. Could you check tant again with the current version?

Best regards
Michael
Hello, thanks for the fixes! Considering the second problem, we played around some more and found out that the main factor here is a 'via point'. The "Segmenttcenters" in BCR are only generated until the 'via point', and after it there are no more coordinates in "Segmentcenters".