Featurelayer licensed or not?

This forum covers all questions dealing with visualization of data within the native PTV xMap interface. Please remember that additional plugins such as AJAX or Leaflet may be handeled in other forums.
DapperDan

Featurelayer licensed or not?

Post by DapperDan »

Hi,

is there any way to find out wether a featurelayer is included in the currently used license or not? We are testing trafficincidents at the moment on a seperate machine and I want to visualize these on the map. The visualization works, but I like to use my program for the test machine and the production machine and I do not want to activate or deactivate featurelayers on the ui. This should be done in the background by my program itself.

We use xMap 1.28, my interface is written in C#.

Is there a better way than triggering an error with a test tile request? If not, what would be the shortest request I can use?

kind Regards
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Featurelayer licensed or not?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello DapperDan,

in xServer1 there are no "convenience" API methods you could use as an application to gather such info.
This is possible in xServer2 where you can use xRuntime to check a server's capabilities.

If you want to check the licensed feature layers I recommend to look into the license file manually (through the admin console)
My xserver 1 license grants acces to all installed feature layers due to the wildcard
My xserver 1 license grants acces to all installed feature layers due to the wildcard
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
DapperDan

Post by DapperDan »

Hi Bernd,

OK based on your suggestion I decided to do a simple GET request to "http://xMapServer:port/pages/serverCommand.jsp?readLicense=license.ptv", read all the content and find out the license status that way.

My Ui is now switching automatically between showing traffic and not showing traffic.

kind Regards
Joost

Post by Joost »

That works, but keep in mind that it is not an official feature, so in later versions the page might work differently. I don't expect us to make changes in the xServer 1 management console now that we have xServer 2, but it could be.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Cheers - where did you find that?

Be aware of not "knowing too much" ;-)

Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components