Save the date: 4. ITS-Hackathon : 30./31.10.2020 (Hamburg)

This subforum is dedicated to any kind of regular infos, e.g. announcements of new versions, webinars, features. Not a technical one but maybe important for deciders, product managers and partners. The intention is to keep you up2date.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Save the date: 4. ITS-Hackathon : 30./31.10.2020 (Hamburg)

Post by Bernd Welter »

header.PNG
Hummel Hummel!
Testtoken, valid until 31.12.2020: “E571FF38-153A-4A91-8AB7-7EDE41C7CE84”
Username = xtok
https://xserver2-europe-eu-test.cloud.ptvgroup.com
Erreichbarkeit Bernd Welter Freitag 13:00 - 18:00 per TEAMS
We proudly announce PTV's participation in the 4th ITS Hackathon which will take place in Hamburg october 30th/31st as a hybrid event: on site and through digitalization! The preparation of the event is starting now - block the date and wait for further announcements.

Let us know whether you want to participate as integration partners or project team.

Your benefit as software vendor will be

• the networking
  • marketing
  • recruiting

As a developer you would benefit from

• large volumes of pizza and coffee ;-)
  • nice new APIs
  • exchange with other developers

Interested? Return to me: bernd.welter@ptvgroup.com

I look forward to the sessions - it was a great experience in 2019 when I first participated in the event. The structure in 2019 was more or less
  • intro: gathering all players and presentation of the agenda - who is there and why
  • contributors : they show the data and tools they offer for the challenges
  • teams : team building - presentation of potential challenges
  • hacking : spend the afternoon, night and morning on implementation of the challenges
  • result demo : each team presents the output of the team
  • award ceremony : jury votes about winners who are then acclaimed
taken in 2019 - ©Marc Matthei
taken in 2019 - ©Marc Matthei
1911_ITS_Hackathon3_49.190x190.forum.jpg (37.03 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
PTV itself is participating as software provider and I will surely contribute with the PTV developer components aka PTV xServers. During the event the coding teams will define and implement small hacking challenges and it looks like the following topics will be in the focus of the event:
Green4Bikes - The idea: together with the partners located in the harbour area (HHLA, EUROGATE, ZOLL, HPA) and the mobility infrastructure providers (Hochbahn, S-Bahn, HADAG and the HVV) we will simulate new mobility concepts. The usage of public transport, ferries, bicycles and also the many thousand commuters is what we want to optimize. This shall be achieved through synchronization of public transport / shuttles aligned to the shift schedule of the companies located in the harbour.
Green4Bikes - The idea: together with the partners located in the harbour area (HHLA, EUROGATE, ZOLL, HPA) and the mobility infrastructure providers (Hochbahn, S-Bahn, HADAG and the HVV) we will simulate new mobility concepts. The usage of public transport, ferries, bicycles and also the many thousand commuters is what we want to optimize. This shall be achieved through synchronization of public transport / shuttles aligned to the shift schedule of the companies located in the harbour.
New mobility at the Hamburg harbour : We want to redesign the bicycle lanes in a given area (e.g. the area near the Harburg railway quarter)  together with our cooperation partners AFDC, Fahrrad Koordinationsstelle Hamburg). For this we will use the simulation suite of the HAW and the data provided by the city of Hamburg.
New mobility at the Hamburg harbour : We want to redesign the bicycle lanes in a given area (e.g. the area near the Harburg railway quarter) together with our cooperation partners AFDC, Fahrrad Koordinationsstelle Hamburg). For this we will use the simulation suite of the HAW and the data provided by the city of Hamburg.
Best regards from Karlsruhe,
Bernd
partners.PNG
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Thank you - 4. ITS-Hackathon : 30./31.10.2020 (Hamburg)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

thanks for all the feedback about the contribution of PTV in the context of the Hackathon - It was a pleasure to join this event. I learned a lot and I also look forward to the next session in 2021. We saw brilliant ideas and cool presentations of the teams - some how we are all winners ;-) Quite sure it was great fun for all of us.

And last but not least Hans Stapelfeldt and his team provided a professional infrastructure for this virtual event and we all know that this was really challenging this time. Thumbs up!
Picture from the war room in Hamburg (Hans on the left)<br />taken during my presentation by © LIHH/Marc Matthaei
Picture from the war room in Hamburg (Hans on the left)
taken during my presentation by © LIHH/Marc Matthaei
Thanks for your efforts, Babette, Hans, Sebastian, Christian and all the other players!
Best regards from Karlsruhe to Hamburg - hope to see you all in 2021 in the beautiful harbour city,

Bernd Welter
& Wolfgang Pelousek
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: