Usecase: Proposal Functions (xTour 1)

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Usecase: Proposal Functions (xTour 1)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

just a quick pic... since several versions we provide so-called proposal functions in the xTour API. Their common approach is to be much faster than a complete planning and the price you pay for that performance is the limited scope of moves (e.g. "only insertion into existing tours" in findToursForUnscheduledOrder).
  • findToursForUnscheduledOrder : Finds the best matching tours for an unscheduled transport order. The method generates a number of scenarios to support order insertion decisions on client side. All necessary objects (transport orders including the unscheduled one, depots, vehicles, tours) are imported in this method. As a result of the method a list of possible insertion proposals ordered by costs is exported.
  • findUnscheduledOrdersForTour : Finds the best matching unscheduled transport orders for a specific tour. The method generates a number of scenarios to support order insertion decisions on client side. All necessary objects (transport orders, depots, vehicles, tours including the specific one) are imported in this method. As a result of the method a list of possible insertion proposals ordered by costs is exported.
  • findVehiclesForTour : Finds the best matching vehicles for a specific tour. The method generates a number of scenarios to support vehicle assignment decisions on client side. All necessary objects (transport orders, depots, vehicles, tours including the specific one) are imported in this method. As a result of the method a list of possible assignment proposals ordered by costs is exported.
  • findToursForVehicle : Finds the best matching tours for a specific vehicle. The method generates a number of scenarios to support vehicle assignment decisions on client side. All necessary objects (transport orders, depots, vehicles including the specific one, tours) are imported in this method. As a result of the method a list of possible assignment proposals ordered by costs is exported.
And here is just a quick example for findToursForUnscheduledOrder:
a list of the proposals which are output of the findToursForUnscheduledOrder. Not each vehicle is returned - only those where the additional driving distance is less equal than the threshold
a list of the proposals which are output of the findToursForUnscheduledOrder. Not each vehicle is returned - only those where the additional driving distance is less equal than the threshold
In the map you can see the two potential detours to a single new order (in the center of the red elipse). As the brown tour is too far away from the new order it does not produce a proper proposal.
In the map you can see the two potential detours to a single new order (in the center of the red elipse). As the brown tour is too far away from the new order it does not produce a proper proposal.
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
i.kobeissy

Re: Usecase: Proposal Functions

Post by i.kobeissy »

hello Bernd,

thanks for the description but i have a quick question, assuming that i'm using TransportAB in my input plan, the times shown in the proposal (Arrival Time, Departure Time and Service Time) are the times of the TransportA or the TransportB

Thanks in advance
Regards
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Cheerio,

I just received the answer from DEV: It is definetly the values of the A (=pickup).
to reconstruct the commplete tour structure incl. the proper arrival, startService, stopService, departure you have to assemble the input plan and then use the planBasicTours (with just the vehicle that is affected).

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
i.kobeissy

Post by i.kobeissy »

Deal thanks a lot Bernd