Pickup's more to the end of the tour (xTour2)

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
peter.gheeraert

Pickup's more to the end of the tour (xTour2)

Post by peter.gheeraert »

Dear,

is there a way in xTour2 to force the engine to plan the pickups preferably more to the end of the tour?

Because in pallet distribution if you do a pickup in the beginning of the tour, you have to move the collected pallets the whole day to unload the rest, because you can only load/unload from the back of the truck and the collected pallets are in front of the pallets for delivery.

In xTour1 I could force this by setting maxTransportPeriod on the collection orders, based on the number of pallets I could restrict the transit time so the engine had to plan them more to the end. Putting 1 pallet out of the way is less of a problem then moving 5 on each stop.
--
Best Regards,
Peter
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Pickup's more to the end of the tour (xTour2)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Peter,

currently I don't see any dedicated parameter for this usecase. But my thoughts are
  • In xTour 1 we recommended to use the tourSection to enforce pickups being positioned at the end of tours (anyway: I like the way you approached it)
  • Another xPlayer asked something similar few days ago and we mentioned to define a reduced quantity (e.g. 27 palettes instead of 33). This will ensure that there's always some space to move between the palettes.
As with the other task you mentioned these days: forwarded to DEV to gather some more ideas.

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: what did Joost recommend?
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

confirmed by DEV:
requires TourSection which isn't available so far (FEB 2019)
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
peter.gheeraert

Post by peter.gheeraert »

Bernd,

thanks for the answer. I'm migrating to xTour2, I'll shedule a meeting with Joost in the coming weeks after we have done some more tests with actual data.

Reducing the quantities is a solution, but this also has an efficiency impact on the trips without pickup orders. For now I will let the engine plan freely and have the planners if needed re-plan the pickups by using the MoveOrdersAction with InsertionAfterSpecifiedPosition.
--
Best Regards,
Peter