PTV_TruckAttributes

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
i.kobeissy

PTV_TruckAttributes

Post by i.kobeissy »

Hello,

we're trying to make sure that xTour is not going through prohibited highways, we're using xTour 1.24,
we have two locations on the East of France Nancy ==> Selestat, between those 2 locations we have the highway N59 which prohibits all vehicle with weight over 3.5T

what we have in our profiles (dimaTruck.xml) attached
- toll is prohibited
<Toll extraTollMalus="0" tollMalus="2501" vignetteMalus="0"></Toll>
- driveType and total weight (according to Bernd Welter (@driveType=="MOTORIZED") and (@totalPermittedWeight > 3500) is a truck)
<Weight totalPermittedWeight="40000"/>
<Drive driveType="MOTORIZED"/>
- PTV_TruckAttributes enabled
<Theme id="PTV_TruckAttributes" enabled="true"/>

the result of xTour request (attached) returns in the response (attached) a total distance of 131.328 KM and a driving duration of 2h18

these results are pretty similar to results i have using Google maps while google if for sure driving me through the N59 so my question is how can i guarantee that xTour is not going through the N59 and also is there any well documented post about what are the options that becomes available when enabling PTV_TruckAttributes and how to guarantee that PTV is considering my vehicle as a heavy weight truck and not a regular car

Regards
thanks in advance
Attachments
response.xml
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
request.xml
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
dimaTruck.xml
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: PTV_TruckAttributes

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Ibrahim,

I just looked into this topic. First of all the TRUCK ATTRIBUTES data coverage in the region depends on the map provider: HERE has many more attributes compared to TOMTOM.
Region of Saint DIe Des Vosges. TOMTOM has way less attributes in this area compared to HERE
Region of Saint DIe Des Vosges. TOMTOM has way less attributes in this area compared to HERE
check the distances, too...
check the distances, too...
I recommend to take a close look into this together with Amar / France who is your assigned consultant. If he needs further assistance he can get back to me.

Best regards from Germany,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: