startPlanOvernightTours with different DepotId

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
log-konz

startPlanOvernightTours with different DepotId

Post by log-konz »

Hello, PTV team,

I would like to plan a full week with the function "startPlanOvernightTours".

I have 44 orders with no openingIntervals.
The vehicle has a time window from 04:00 to 13:00 for each day (monday to friday) and I set the parameter "toursMustFitIntoSingleOperatingInterval" to "false".

If I set the parameters for "depotIdStart" and "depotIdEnd" to the same value (for example "200"), then I get a great result for all five days. (All 44 orders was planned)
However, if I set different IDs for the depot (for example depotIdStart to 200 and depotIdEnd to 201), then I only get one scheduled day (Monday) back and all other orders end up under "unscheduledOrderIds".

The reason for the unplanned orders is then "UNSCHEDULED_DUE_TO_PLAN" and that the orders do not fit into the vehicle operatingIntervals.

What is the reason for this result and how can I change it?

Best regards
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: startPlanOvernightTours with different DepotId

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Daniel,
Setting depotIdStart to a value not equal to depotIdEnd will automatically reduce the number of tours to one. This happens both with the standard planning (planBasicTours) and the overnight (planOvernight).
To get closer to the other side effects I would like to evaluate your complete request, e.g. if the properties for maximum number of overnight stays aren't set it could mean "no stay outside" which causes only one tour on a single day.
Send the request to bernd.welter@ptvgroup.com

Best regards
Bernd Welter
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: