SiteID / ExtraSitePeriod - quick sample

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

SiteID / ExtraSitePeriod - quick sample

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello together,

today a customer asked me during a workshop whether we can take care of the following constraint in a planning:

Let's say we are planning several orders (AB or Depot) where some of the used locations are at the same logical coordinate (same company or same building or same factory site) and whenever we deliver several consecutive orders in a row we do expect the tour engine to apply parking time only once so we need to separate it from the service itself.

Example: two AB's are starting at the same company address and order1 is (A1-10 palettes-B1) and order2 is (A2-15 palettes-B2) with A1==A2.
We know whenever we pickup something at A w have to spend 30 minutes for parking plus 2 minutes for each palette.

Wrong approach:
expecting
(30+10x2) for the pickup of A1 = 50min
(30+15x2) for the pickup of A2 = 60min
= 110min

What we want to have:
30min parking
10x2 for the pure pickup of A1 = 20min
15x2 for the pure pickup of A2 = 30min
= 80min

Yeah this is possible:
Just use the TransportPoint->LogisticPoint property called SiteID and ExtraSitePeriod.
  • SiteID = The unique key to identify the transport points belonging together in a logical way. For example all logistic points in one premises get the same ID (> 0, optional). These logistic points do not need the same location, but usually they are nearby. This ID is relevant for the service period calculation.
  • extraSitePeriod = Extra service period at the transport point in case of a given SiteId ([sec], >= 0). If there are several consecutive logistic points in a tour referring to logistic points with the same siteId, the extra service period would only be considered at the first logistic point of that row (for example the period for a security check at the gate of the same premises). In case of different extra site periods, the maximum value is relevant for the first logistic point.
Have a look at the attached screenshots:
  • Each customer has an individual servicePeriod of 5 minutes
  • Each quadrant is simulating an area and whenever I'm entering a new quadrant I want to spend 60mintes extra for the first customer to be delivered over there.
  • As you can see with the polygon lines: the orders 1011,1008, 1010, 1017, 1007 are such hits.
  • Though I have already visited area SouthWest before (subsequence 1010, 1016, 1018) I have to spend another 60 minutes for the second entry (1007,1003,1002...).
The map with the quadrants
The map with the quadrants
The schedule
The schedule
You will find this data in the schedule where the service period for these points is not 5 minutes but 1h:05mins.

Maybe you can use this parameters for future scenarios,

Best regards Bernd