[xServer 2] PlanTour multiple days

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Tim@Sodefa

[xServer 2] PlanTour multiple days

Post by Tim@Sodefa »

Hi there,
I am currently testing out the possibilities of the different xServer 2 Rest apis and I can't figure out how to solve the following problem:
I am feeding the xTour api with customers, depots, fleet and orders to receive an optimal overall tourplan. First, I want the orders to be planned on the next day if all tours are fully planned on one day since there are more orders than one day could cover. Second, the orders may have a constraint till when they should be fulfilled, something like 'delivey till 19.03.2020'. Is there a way to meet these requirements?

Thanks in advance
Tim
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: [xServer 2] PlanTour multiple days

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Tim,

from my perspective the naming "opening interval" is not a lucky label...
The service has to be fullfilled within these times, so I assume that's the property you need.

If you know a location is opened between 0900 and 1700 but the order needs to serviced before 1100 just set the opening intervall to 0900 and 1100.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Tim@Sodefa

Post by Tim@Sodefa »

Hi Bernd,
Thanks for your answer, that is also good to know but does not help with my question unfortunately. I'll try to be more specific with an example.

Lets say today is monday and I have 50 orders to organize. My fleet can serve 10 orders per day.
Each order has a certain day until it should be delivered, something like
10 out of my 50 orders (lets call them orderGroupA) should be delivered latest on tuesday,
20 out of my 50 orders (orderGroupB) should be delivered latest on thursday,
the other 20 out of my 50 orders (orderGroupC) should be delivered latest on friday.

I want to start a request containing these information with a result which describes the tours of the next five days (mon-fri) and has the orders organized in such a manner, that all delivery day constraints are met.
e.g. the orders from orderGroupA are planned in the monday tour OR tuesday tour but not later,
orders from orderGroupB are served on Mon, Tue, Wed OR Thu. And so on...

Hope my example helps.
Best regards
Tim
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

well, worst case each order is it's own combination of location and order. It is easirear than you think ;-)

The finition of a fleet is not given by "can server aount NN pr day" but by "is available at"-operatingIntervals.

Give us the constraints such as
- order volumes and vehicle capacites
- timeframes (opening hours and operating intervals)
- required equipment (and vehicle equipment)
and we do the rest.

For further details I recommend to get in touch 1:1.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: