X-Route Functions in X-Tour

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
hrudat

X-Route Functions in X-Tour

Post by hrudat »

Hello,

I use X-Route to display and calculate my Route and want to optimize the Sequence.

Now I have the following problems:

I use the RoutingOptions for the shortest or fastest route, the truckattributes and the avoidance of different types of streets and I use the ExceptionPath to input blocked streets. Now I see no way to use these features in the optimization of the sequence in X-Tour.

I have a own list of waypoints with all necessary Information like the x-coordinate, the y-coordinate, the name, the street, the id etcetera. I give the X-Tour the coordinates and ids of my waypoints and let it calculate the sequence. Now I have no choice and must take the sequence of the id's, because I dont find the coordinates, and now I search in my list these id's. Only then I can give the X-Route the coordinates, which are now in a optimized sequence. Is there a better way to calculate the sequence or is there a possibility to get directly the coordinates from the result of the x-tour sequencing.

have anyone a good advice for me?

best regards,
hrudat
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: X-Route Functions in X-Tour

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello hrudat,

Question #1: how to parametrize special routing options (available in xRoute) within a tour planning via xTour?
Answer: the routing behaviour of a vehicle is not parametrized in the xml request itself but referenced via a XML profile stored in /conf/profiles, e.g. dimaCar.xml.
The available properties and meaningful values are described in the API (Technical Concepts / About Profiles). A machine readable XSD is available at http://127.0.0.1:50090/xtour/schema/XTourProfile.xsd (local server).
But: not any of the mechanisms available within xRoute is also available in xTour and via the profiles. ExceptionPath information is not accessible via XML profile :oops: If you want to create your own blockings in such a profile you have to wait for the upcoming feature layer and it's administrator frontend to maintain the data stored in a feature layer.
I'll forward your request to CORE to discuss how to approach this with current technology.

Question #2: How to get detailed info of my INPUT references from the OUTPUT plan of xTour?`
Answer: That'S correct - we do not return the coordinates of the stops with the output of an xTour plan. You simply have to use the stops IDs to get back to what you need at the next step of your process. What I usually do in C# is that I create a dictionary object (e.g.

Code: Select all

[code=csharp]Dictionary<int, CTransportDepot> dictTransportDepot = new Dictionary<int, CTransportDepot>();
[/code]) and then I fill the dictionary in advance. This is working fine with MS.NET - no clue whether other languages offer somethin similar at the same level.

Does this answer your question?

Best regards
Bernd
hrudat

Re: X-Route Functions in X-Tour

Post by hrudat »

Yes, thanks for help.