Possible depot scenarios

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Possible depot scenarios

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello together,

recently I've been asked whether our tour planning software is able to cover the following scenarios regarding the assignment of depots (parametrization of depotIdStart and depotIdEnd is mentioned below).
  • Round trips - start and end of a tour is at the same depot (startDepotID==endDepotID, startDepotID>0). Driver gets back to the depot at the end of a tour.
  • Open end trips - either tour starts at depot but ends at customer (startDepotID>0 and endDepotID==-1). Usually meaningful if the driver doesn't get paid for the final section from last customer back to the depot.
  • Open start trips - either tour starts at a customer but ends at the depot (startDepotID==-1 and endDepotID>0). Usually meaningful if the driver doesn't get paid for the initial section from depot to first customer.
  • Open trips - mixture of the scenarios above: start and end of a tour is somewhere at a customer (startDepotID==-1 and endDepotID==-1). Usually required if the driver doesn't get paid for the section from depot to first customer and his way from the last customer to the depot.
  • Inter depot trips - tour starts at depot and ends at depot but the depots are different (startDepotID>0 and endDepotID>0 and startDepotID!=endDepotID)
While the round trip enables the driver to fullfill several tours during a plan all the other scenarios will return single tours (compare it with balancing: doesn't make sense otherwise :lol: )

I also attached some images that demonstrate the given tour structures.

Feel free to get back to me in case of questions,

Bernd
Attachments
roundtrip tour
roundtrip tour
open tour
open tour
open end
open end
inter depottrip
inter depottrip