Standard vehicle profiles

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
otsjw

Standard vehicle profiles

Post by otsjw »

I'm trying to establish a list of standard vehicle profiles to configure in our application for users to choose from. In my xServer installation folder I have 39 profiles, some I've no idea what they are (car_01-00,delivery,dense-signal,local-matching,mg*,sparse-signal,trafficinfoloader...are some) and others seem to have multiple options, for example car (car_01-00,carfast,carslow,dimaCar,mg-car).

Is there a standard list available?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Standard vehicle profiles

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Joe,

unfortunately I don't have a list of those standard profiles. Furthermore some of them are related to Routing ("delivery", "carfast") while others refer to other usecases such as MapMatching ("local-matching", "dense-signal") or DistanceMatrix computation ("dimaTruck").

Most of the Routing profiles are derived by the DEFAULT profile and override just a few parameters, e.g. "Delivery" is like a default car but enables the driver to enter DELIVERY zones.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Profile xmlns:ns2="http://www.ptv.de/com/ptvag/xserver/engines/xpoidbaccess" parent="default">
	<Common language="de" majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0" />
	<Routing majorVersion="2" minorVersion="0">
		<Course>
			<BasicDataRules>
				<VehicleSpecific>
					<DeliveryVehicles segmentMalus="2500"/>
				</VehicleSpecific>
			</BasicDataRules>
		</Course>
		<Vehicle>
			<Legal>
				<LegalCondition isAuthorized="true" isDelivery="true"/>
			</Legal>
		</Vehicle>
	</Routing>
</Profile>
Though this posting is not really the answer to your question I hope that it enables you to proceed.

Best regards from Germany,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
otsjw

Post by otsjw »

Hi Bernd

Thanks for your reply. Which would you suggest we initially load and allow users to use?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

???

"Default" by default ;-)
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
otsjw

Post by otsjw »

We're basically going to allow them to select the profile against the 'Vehicle Types' in our system, should we not bother with any of the profiles and just leave it as 'Default' for everything then?

I'm sure there must be some significant differences between 'car' and 'truck' and 'van' for example, but I don't know about the rest.

If I were to choose then I'd probably go with
- Bicycle
- Car (car_01-00? or dimaCar?)
- Truck (a few variants, but there are many and it's not clear what they're all for?)
- Van (again there are a few...)

...from looking at the filenames I just find it very difficult to work out what we're supposed to pick as it's not very clear at all. I've guessed with the above but perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick, hoping you can advise the best way forward. Thanks in advance
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

By the way: the xServer 2 will offer the possibility to gather the available profiles via API call.
And the result objects will provide properties that enabe you to filter them by usecase so you can create such elements:
Profiles2.PNG

Code: Select all

ServerConfigurationRequest config_request = new ServerConfigurationRequest
{
     resultFields = new ConfigurationResultFields
     {
        profilesSpecified = true,
        profiles = true
     }
};
ServerConfigurationResponse config_response = xruntime.getServerConfiguration(config_request);
lbxStoredProfile.Items.AddRange(config_response.profiles.Where(usecase => ((usecase.useCases != null) && (usecase.useCases.Contains("routing")))).OrderBy(u=>u.name).Select(p => p.name).ToArray());
Profiles with usecases
Profiles with usecases
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at Youtube