Extrasiteperiod - why split the orders?

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Lauterfeld

Extrasiteperiod - why split the orders?

Post by Lauterfeld »

Hi all,

I've attached a request. The result in xTour 1.22.0.2 is that one order cannot be planned.
The question is why :-)
All orders and points don't have a service period. They only have a extra site period.
The site id 19033 has 5 orders and 5 points. The extra site period is 2100 secs.
Because of the vehicle operating interval it is not possible to plan all orders to that site id. xTour always lets one order of that site id unscheduled. The tourpoint result shows that xTour computes the serviceperiod at that site id with 25mins (1500secs). Why? How is that calulated?
Is there a possibility to change that behaviour? It would be better when xTour let all orders of that site id unscheduled. Because now a second vehicle takes that unscheduled order and gets the full extra site period and arrives at the site id at the same time.
@Bernd Welter, we discussed that already but last time we had the single order with service periods. So xTour's splits are ok and raisonable. But now every order has 0 service period and only a extra site period.
Why does xTour arrive at that site id when he cannot stay there for the whole extra site period?

Regards,
Volker
Attachments
req.zip
Request as ZIP
(6.91 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Volker Lauterfeld
Software-Entwicklung und Projekte
COS GmbH
Gesellschaft für Computersysteme,
Organisation und Softwareentwicklung mbH
Raiffeisenstraße 21
D-77704 Oberkirch
http://www.cosonline.de/
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Extrasiteperiod - why split the orders?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Volker,

please create an input plan based on the expected sequence - then you will immediately see which constraint has been violated.

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Lauterfeld

Post by Lauterfeld »

Hi Bernd,

xTour does not schedule the order because of the vehicle operating interval. If he would take the whole extra site period at the site id he would "come home" too late. The unscheduled order analysis says
xmlns:ns0="http://wrappertypes.service.jabba.ptvag.com">VEHICLE_OPERATING_INTERVAL</ns0:String>

That's not my problem :-) My problem is that xTour does not schedule only one of the 5 order and decreases the service period at the site id from 35mins to 25mins. The extra site period must be considered, xTour is not allowed to decrease it in any way I think. The 5 orders with the same site id and a service period of 0 and a extra site period of 35mins must be scheduled all or none. Please have a look at my request. We can also mail 1:1 again.

Regards,
Volker.
Volker Lauterfeld
Software-Entwicklung und Projekte
COS GmbH
Gesellschaft für Computersysteme,
Organisation und Softwareentwicklung mbH
Raiffeisenstraße 21
D-77704 Oberkirch
http://www.cosonline.de/
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Volker,

Please provide your response, too. Within my local installation my site service period is 2100. There is no CUT being performed by the server.

Best regards

PS: Mr. Radasch..... is taking a look at this tomorrow.
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Checked... within my local environment the service period is not cut.
Furthermore we identified a loading/unloading function that causes one of the orders to create a dynamic service period (besides the 0seconds) so from our point of view: no issue any more ;-)
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany