TourOpt.INI: AccumulateStopsBySiteID

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
MISTERX

TourOpt.INI: AccumulateStopsBySiteID

Post by MISTERX »

During a drill down into TourOpt.INI I found the parameter AccumulateStopsBySiteID.

I'm really curious to know what it means (aka what is it for)!
Mr. X
  • Integration PTV <> SAP
  • Senior Consultant

Optimism is only a lack of data!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: TourOpt.INI: AccumulateStopsBySiteID

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Mr. X,

this configuration parameter is used for the check of maximum number of stops per tour:
Sampletour #1 DEPOT-Site1a-Site1b-Site2-DEPOT
Sampletour #2 DEPOT-Site1a-Site2-Site1b-DEPOT
  • If the parameter is enabled consecutive stops with same SiteID will be counted as 1 single stop within the check: the sampletour1 has 4 stops, sampletour2 has 5 stops.
  • Otherwise they will be counted as separate stops: the sampletour1 has 5 stops, sampletour2 also has 5 stops.
Best regards Bernd

PS:
Site1a and SIte1b are located at same logical site, not necessarily at the same coordinate.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: TourOpt.INI: AccumulateStopsBySiteID

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Mister X.,

meanwhile the parameter is also available in the xTour 1 API as a property of the restrictions class:
mergeTransportPointCountPerSite : boolean

Decides if transport points with the same siteID (> 0) are counted as 1 with respect to the maxTransportPointCountPerTour restriction. By default, this parameter is set to false which means that each transport point is counted, without considering its siteID. Transport points at depots are not counted in this case.

If it is set to true, transport points at the same site are counted as single transport point. Furthermore, transport points at depots are also counted as single transport point.

This parameter affects all maxTransportPointCountPerTour restrictions in the request regardless if it is set as global restriction or as a vehicle specific restriction at the fleet (VehicleRestrictions or Train).
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: