Using UPM profiles

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
davide_villa

Using UPM profiles

Post by davide_villa »

Hi,
I try to use the newest xtour 1.18.1 server, and I would like to use the UPM profiles with it.
I have 2 DistanceMatrixCalulation object to point different profile name on the server.
is it possible to use the code snippet to pass in the CallerContext property the overwritten parameters for more then one profile?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Using UPM profiles

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Davide,

our xServer team leader is taking a look at your topic - I assume that he will answer soon :P

Bye Bernd

PS: here's a sample request that uses a snippet. Depending on the AdditionalDataRules enabled="true" or "false" the results differ - use it as a proof of "effectiveness".
Attachments
true.PNG
false.PNG
sample.xml
(16.32 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Hansjörg Back

Post by Hansjörg Back »

Hello,

this is a tricky question we had to look up in the source code. And here is the result: If you use two different profiles in the request for calculating two different distance matrices, the information of the profile XML snippet modifies BOTH (in common: all) used profiles. This could make sense e.g. in the case of activating or deactivating of feature layers. At the moment there is no possibility to refer to a dedicated profile.

Greetings, HaBa
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

In other words:

if you want to parametrize two or more distance matrices that are different within at least one property you have to mention those differences in server profiles. It is therefore not possible to parametrize them in the request other than by refering to the Dima profile name (but not with more than one CallerContext profile or several snippets).

Thanks for this important question - it has reached the right persons ;-)

Regards from Germany,

Bernd
davide_villa

Post by davide_villa »

Thank you very much for your answer.
Can I make a feature request for the next xTour version to let us specify more than one XML snippet with the parent profile name so that can be possible to dynamically change the used parameters for the optimization.
:D
In my application I let the user save the preferred routing parameter for the profiles.
this works fine for the xRoute server, but I'd like to use the same parameters in the xTour optimization too.
;)
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Davide,

you have managed to draw attention to this topic: Hans-Jörg is leader of the development team xServer, so he's definetly in close contact with the (technical) product management ;-)

But: I can't mention any guarantees here - the forum isn't the space for such discussions :oops:

Regards from Germany,

Bernd
davide_villa

Post by davide_villa »

OK, thank you.
I know the forum isn't the right space for the feature request, but I wanted to let know my little problem to the xserver team leader... :D
keep on improve such a great product!!

bye from Italy.

Davide