Time dependent tour planning

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
kon

Time dependent tour planning

Post by kon »

Hi,

maybe I'm just blind or do not understand how this should work (searching for hours now):

We are using xTour Internet and want to plan a tour for let's say tomorrow evening. How can we specify the time of the day at which the tour should start? I read about the reference time point and about the DynamicInfo (which seems to be available only in xRoute) but those are not considering the time of the day. How can, for example, traffic situations be taken into account, if we can't set the time?

Regards,
Fabian
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Time dependent tour planning

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Fabian,

we have to separate some topics here:
  • consideration of traffic conditions (historical ones or live info): check this post: http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=6&t=417
  • global understanding of tour start: how about using the Vehicle property "departureTimeFixed"?
    The first tour of the vehicle has a fixed departure time at the start depot ([sec] from a reference point in time on, >= 0, optional). Usually the departure time and the start time of the tour are different things, because the start time includes the loading period at the start depot. Omitting this attribute means that the first tour of the vehicle can leave the start depot at any time.
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: