prioritize the vehicles

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
puissancei

prioritize the vehicles

Post by puissancei »

Hello,

how can I prioritize the vehicles ?

Thank you
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: prioritize the vehicles

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Michel,

no, there's no priority flag at the vehicles available. And even the sequence of the Fleet's vehicle array is irrelevant as we order the array elements internally to ensure some kind of a determinism.

Once again: what exactly is the usecase or requirement you'd like to fullfill? Sometimes you could start with only your prio A vehicles and if orders remain unscheduled add some prio B vehicles in a second call. Does this approach satisfy your needs?

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
puissancei

Post by puissancei »

Hello Bernd,

To priorize vehicle, for instance, how can I tell xTour to take one vehicle rather than another depending on its cost ?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Michel,

imagine you have an existing tour structure and you simply want to determine which vehicle of the heterogenous fleet produces the cheapest costs we offer the VehicleScheduling scenario.

Article about Planning scenarios

While the regular optimization (StandardParams, BalancingParams...) is based on reducing abstract distances and driving times the VehicleSchedulingParams are working with the Vehicle costs set in the properties of the fleets vehicles.

The Vehicle Scheduling call requires an input plan and a set of vehicles (usually with different cost settings and properties) and will assign the solution in a way that the chosen vehicles are valid and produce lowest overall costs.
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: