compartments

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
puissancei

compartments

Post by puissancei »

Hello,

I have to manage the vehicles with several compartments. I thought to use the quantities.
- First, only 10 quantities can be define ?
- Secondly, how can I impose one good (transport order) and only one by compartments ?

Thank you
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: compartments

Post by Bernd Welter »

That is a difficult topic, Michel!

First the easy part: the number of Quantities is limited to 10, that's right: the int[] array length can't exceed 10 and each Quantities object within a transaction is interpreted in the same way - for each vehicle and each order.

There are aspects you can model and others are not possible.

E.g. you can define int[4] as { complete volume , volume in compartment1, volume in compartment 2, volume in compartment 3}

We can deal with those compartments on a meta level but we can't just use the space and fill it with the products you like.
Dealing with quantities is one aspect of the engine - separating products (product incompatbility) is a different aspect. And I anticipate you need both to be considered in the same context. Right?

What do you want to achieve / avoid?

Regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
puissancei

Re: compartments

Post by puissancei »

with the compartments and the incompatibilities I must be able to find a solution

Thank you Bernd.