planBasicTours: segment sequence results by priority groups

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
pssdiogo

planBasicTours: segment sequence results by priority groups

Post by pssdiogo »

Hello,

I’m using xTour.planBasicTours to sequence orders on trucks, but now I need to segment the final result by groups of orders.

I need some help on the following scenario:
I need to sequence several orders grouping them in some priority groups. So, I need to be sure that orders from a group with highest priority are firstly sequenced and just then all orders with less priority should appear.
The final sequence result should respect this group order, so I don’t want to have orders with different group priorities mixed together (the sequence result should be ordered/segmented by group priority).

For example: if I have a trailer attached on a truck, I need to have a plan where I deliver first all the orders on the trailer and just then all the orders on the truck. (the delivery points for the truck and for the trailer should not appear mixed in the sequence result)

What is the best option to implement this scenario considering that I can have several groups just for one plan.
Thank you.
Joost

Re: planBasicTours: segment sequence results by priority gro

Post by Joost »

This can be achieved by using the TourSection attributes on the TransporPoints of the orders. See: http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... sportPoint

Looking at your example: for "trailer orders" set their transportpoint.toursection to 2, for "truck orders" set it to 3.

Note: keep in mind that values 1 and 1000 have a special meaning, in the way that they can only happen once in a tour. This is why I'm not using 1 but start with section 2.
pssdiogo

Re: planBasicTours: segment sequence results by priority gro

Post by pssdiogo »

Hello Joost,

Thank you for your quick reply.
It was exactly what I was looking for.
Solved my problem.

Best regards,
Pedro