Road cannot be accessed anymore

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
t.mateit

Road cannot be accessed anymore

Post by t.mateit »

Hi there,

we have a customer running an older xServer version (xRoute: 1.8.2.2) and we recently updated the map from 2018H to 2020H (Europe City Map Premium 2020.1H).

After the update we get an issue with an habour address in FIN, Oulu: Poikkimaantie 12, 90400 Oulu. After the map update we get the following error:
xRoute_errorMessage.jpg
1. We don't know why this street is blocked now. Can you help us with it?
2. How could we solve such issue?

BR Thomas
Joost

Re: Road cannot be accessed anymore

Post by Joost »

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but i do want to want to point out something more general:

Please be aware that our maps have been recalibrated in 2019. See also http://devblog.ptvgroup.com/2018/07/19/ ... v-xserver/ . With this calibration also new profiles where released. Please make sure that you not only updated the map but also the profiles else you will not get realistic driving times. I'm writing this since you did not explicitly mention updating the profiles and this is often something which is overlooked.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
t.mateit

Post by t.mateit »

I was actually not aware of it. I need to now check this and see if the update of the profiles was done. If not, I will update them and test again.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Thomas,

wow, 1.8 is quite old. I'll get in touch with you 1:1 to check next steps.
At least an update of the engine is really recommended, too!
Please be aware that we can't investigate in such old engines. If such an error still occurs with the latest engine we can have a look at it.

Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: