PTV_TrafficIncidents

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
mrczeg

PTV_TrafficIncidents

Post by mrczeg »

Hello,
We want start use a traffic incidents. I have a questions. I found an information that in order to use that functionality we have to install PTV Content Update Service but we use your xRouetServer in order to the route planning.
Do we need do somethink more or only use that funcinality in request to your webservice?
When We use that funcionality Can We get information that road was changing because of traffic incidents after road planing?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: PTV_TrafficIncidents

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Marcin,

you are right: if you want to display Live Traffic or perform a detour if needed you need to ensure that the server has proper data. Getting data updatess every few minutes is a job for the Content Update Service which is a component available for download at the Customer Area.
Once the plugin is active in your environment the so-called PTV_TrafficIncidents will be downloaded in the background and your requests can enable the FeatureLayer.

About the second part of the question:
Do you refer to newly built highways?
This isn't handeled by the "TrafficIncidents" (unfortunately).

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: I assume to get in touch with a PTV consultant 1:1 to resolve these questions. Sounds like you need to ensure
- he plugin works properly
- the requests are parametrized properly
- that you understand the strengths and weaknesses of the mechanism as a whole
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
mrczeg

Re: PTV_TrafficIncidents

Post by mrczeg »

Bernd Welter wrote:Hello Marcin,
Do you refer to newly built highways?
We are interested all kinds of traffic incidents.